- Do you know a young man or women that needs additional funds for college?
- Here is a great opportunity to secure funds to support and develop a future Army leader.
The Guy S. Meloy ROTC Scholarship Fund of the Alamo Chapter was established for the purpose of annually awarding three scholarships to the most outstanding Army Junior ROTC senior cadet or cadets in the high schools or other secondary schools, public or private, in Area of Responsibility assigned to the Alamo Chapter AUSA.
- 1st Place – $3,000
- 2nd Place – $2,500
- 3rd Place – $1,000
To qualify for this scholarship, cadets must:
- Be in the top 25% academically of their high school graduating class
- Be in the top 10% academically of all Junior Army ROTC cadets
- Enroll in the Senior Army ROTC program in an accredited college or university.
(A student who will accept an appointment to a national military academy is not eligible to receive this scholarship)
- Be of excellent character, has high moral standards, and possesses above- average leadership potential.
The most qualified cadet’s application is normally submitted by their ROTC Senior Army Instructor. However, the enclosed Nomination Form may be completed and forwarded with supporting documents such as transcripts and letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, principals, parents and others.
Nominees are interviewed by a Meloy Scholarship Selection Board composed of 4-6 senior Alamo chapter members.
Winners also are presented a commemorative plaque at their high school’s ROTC awards ceremony. They are presented with their scholarship check by their college’s Professor of Military Science at an appropriate awards ceremony after enrolling in Senior Army ROTC.
Your nomination form should be submitted by the first Friday in March of the year the student is expected to enter his or her choice of college or university.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, click here, and enter Meloy Scholarship in the subject field.